Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What did you say???


This whole week I haven't been feeling well. It started out with a sore throat, then I started loosing my voice, This continued along with congestion and a stuffy/runny nose (the worst) and finally today I have COMPLETELY lost my voice! It kind of took my kids by surprise when all I could do is lip to them to get up and get ready for school! Hazel and Myles went with me to the doctor. I whisper to Hazie what I want to say and she carries on the conversation. Many of the receptionists thought that this was the cutest thing. She has also been answering the phone for me and translating what I lip to her. Most people just laugh. I am so greatful for her!! This sucks!! I feel helpless! The doctor gave me a HUGE shot of antibiotics so hopefully in a couple of days I can yell again. Things just aren't the same around here. It deffinetly makes me take a step back and evaluate how I speak to my kids. Anyhoo....Funny thing happened at the doctor office. We were in the waiting room. Hazel was bored. She went over to look at the childrens books. She came stomping over with a very mad, disturbed look on her face. She blurted out.....Mom, look the doctor STOLE our book!! Why did he do that? I am going to go tell him that stealing is wrong. As she stomped off toward the doctor I grabbed her. I just had to laugh and try to lip the best that I could that they make more than one copy of a book and people buy them. This one was not ours. She was relieved. Too Cute!!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Jenny, oh no! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Let me know if you want me to take Hazel--shoot--I'll take Myles too. Really, I'd be happy to!

Smelly Moose said...

Hope you get better soon and don't have to get any more 'big shots' hee hee. See you soon! The Scentsy order is scheduled to be at your house TOMORROW! YAY! See ya

Jeff and Megan said...

Oh, poor Jenny!! I hate when I can't yell at my kids!! :) Too funny about Hazel! We need to get her and Shannon together more often! Hope you are feeling better soon!!

mumovearls said...

that is so funny that she is doing that for you! what a sweet little girl! Hope you feel better soon, let me know if I can help you out-Nena