Thursday, January 10, 2008

Damn it....Crabs!!!

So our new year has started off fan-freaking-tastic! From the title, I will let you surmise how it is going. If you feel so inclined you can keep reading and I will further explain! So we are sitting around this morning watching a little Strawberry Shortcake before school. It was skipping a little here and there, plus the kids were more interested in the movie than finishing their breakfast; so I shut it off. I left to take Court and Meg to school and Hazel turned it back on. Of course the movie keeps skipping and pausing to which Hazel blurts out, "Damn it mommy, my movie's not working!" Jen - "HAZEL!" Hazel asks "Is that a bad word?" Jenn - "Yes." Hazel corrects "I mean darn it mommy, my movie is not working!" This kid is too funny. Later in the morning I decided to go ahead and start a deep cleaning of the girls room. I started cleaning up around dresser, emptying their clean laundry baskets, the finally cleaning under the bed. I grab pieces of garbage, wrappers, socks, pj's, and a crab. Now here's why it's funny. For Christmas I got the kids a fish tank, (well actually it was given to us by my fabulous sister KayDe) and filled it with 6 Tiger Barbs, a scum sucker fish, a snail, and a crab. Over a little time, the first crab died. I replaced it with 3 new ones (thinking it died lonely of a broken heart!) When I put them in I noticed one decided he was going escape by climbing up the water heater and out the tank. I never thought one could actually climb out though. I told Jenny that one of the crabs tried to climb out and wouldnt it be funny if we found it under the dresser dead. I cleaned out the tank this past week trying to get my chemical levels balanced so my fish would stop dying, and I noticed I could only see two crabs in the tank. I thought maybe one got buried in the rocks or something. Well not so much. I found my missing crab under the bed dried and black. I also noticed my fish were looking a little "moldy." So I call Pet Town USA in Moses to find out what sick fungus is eating my fish. I am told to get some medicine and treat the fish today. Part of the procedure to medicate my fish is the removal of the charcoal filter so the medicine doesn't get filtered out. I pull my filter out and a freaking crab is stuck in the bottom of the filters mesh! Damn Crabs! If you remember I said I put three crabs in the tank; I am sad to say I have not seen the last crab in the tank for a couple of days. I can honestly say I have never been so disappointed to get rid of my crabs! I have not yet received my certificate so I am not subbing yet (which is bitter sweet.) I have really enjoyed being home every day and spending time with Myles and Hazel and Jenny. I have been able to get a lot of things done, however I still need money to meet bills. Hopefully by the end of this week or mid next week my certificate will be here so I will be able to get some money to help pay bills this month. Myles was diagnosed (sort of) with pnomonia today, so he is on all sorts of drugs to help combat that. Also he is finally crawling. I still need to edit a video or shoot a better one to prove it/brag on line. Check back later! All in all our year has started out really well, All our love.

2 comments:

Jeff and Megan said...

Those Damn crabs....it's great that you finally got some medication for them...HA! And where do you think Hazel is hearing this word...?!?! "Damn it..Crabs!" :) Love ya!

Smelly Moose said...

Too funny. Poor little crabs. I agree with Megan--where do you think Hazel is hearing that word? Haha. You can come deep clean my kids bedroom anytime you want. See ya!