Monday, December 31, 2007

Who cares...!?


Well it has been a long time since we have posted anything, I guess you could say I have been waiting for the right stuff to post. Well yesterday it happened! So we didn't go to church because Courtney, Megan, and Jenn were all sick. Courtney was the worst; she had "runny poop" and was throwing up all day. So Hazel and I go to the store (Oh shut up...your not perfect either) to get Courtney some medicine, Gatorade, and 7UP. On the way home Hazel asks "What we were going to have for dinner?" I respond "Homemade chicken noodle soup." Hazel, "I don't want that!" Me, Well Courtney, Megan and mom are all sick and need the soup to help them feel better." Hazel, "Who cares about them, I want pancakes!" We still have a little ways to go in her sympathetic/Christlike caring attribute training.
Well this morning about 7:00 Megan comes running in our room as excited as a little kid can be and DECLARES "Mom, I have runny poop!" I think she was probably excited that now she can have the little Gatorade's I bought for Courtney yesterday. Well the morning went on and I made pancakes, (to appease Hazels request last night.) Megan came and sat down with a rather grim look on her face; it seemed she was realizing the "true joys" of runny poop. I give her a pancake, as a test to see if her stomach could handle it. She looks at her plain pancake, "I want syrup!" Me, "Not today Megan, I don't want your tummy getting more upset." Megan, "I want bacon then." Me, "Not that either Megan, the grease will make you more sick and throw up again." I did give her some 7UP to help settle her stomach. This made her a little happier since none of the other kids got to have pop. She eats one little square and can't handle any more. She sits there with a completely heartbroken expression. I ask her "What else is wrong?" She responds, "My tummy is mad at me. It must have been all the candy I ate!" I love these kids, they are so funny.
By the way our Christmas was awesome. My brother Brandon is the man and hooked me up fat this year. Tom granted one of my wife's wishes by buying her a fabric cutter thingy, and the girls got more toys than they know what to do with. Thanks to all who made our holiday season memorable. All our love and a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Jeff and Megan said...

Funny story....what's the picture of Megan in the hospital bed?

Smelly Moose said...

mmm...thanks for those great runny poop details :) Your kids are so funny!!

mumovearls said...

Ok we call runny poop in our family poop juice... and enough about that!

I love that you are such a great dad! You have grown so much since the days of driving the station-wagon What did it say across the front window? something with PIMP in it? i don't remember-
We Love you and that HOT momma you chose to marry! She's a gem too!-n

mumovearls said...

email me @ mumovearls@yahoo.com about Blog banner-n