Thursday, January 24, 2008

I survived my first week

Well my first week is over an I am still standing. The Lord had blessed me so much in this position. Typically when a new teacher comes in they are basically told, "There's your class, go to it!" I have been able to have the long-term sub who has been working with the kids, stick around and show me the ropes (or at least what she has been up to)before throwing me into the deep end. Tomorrow is her last day so on Monday I will start running solo. I am excited, however I realize now that I do not have any little filler activities (like number bingo, or little books w/worksheets, etc) decorations for the class (an alphabet, number lines, shape posters, color posters, etc), and things like crayons, glue sticks, pencils, or little snack cracker things. My classroom is pretty bare bones. I do however have about $500 that I get to spend at the end of the year for next year; so next year I should be sitting pretty. All in all I am excited and have a crap load of work ahead of me.

0 comments: