Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tis the Season...


So I am sitting around the house not doing much, (which is the case since I stopped student teaching last week), and Courtney and Megan say, "Dad, it doesnt feel like Christmas in our house. We need our tree and decorations." I got to looking and I must say I agreed. So on Tuesday I went down to our storage unit in Moses and picked up our tree and decorations. I spent a couple of hours trying to organize the stupid thing! I have come to the conclusion that fake trees are only good for a couple of years. I start sorting through the jungle in a tote to find the right size branches that go in the right spots. That was freaking ridiculous. The branches are so close in size it was almost impossible. I decided to light the tree as I built in from the bottom up. So about 2 1/2 hours and 600 lights later the tree is up, lit, and a little lopsided around the top becuase I got one row in the wrong spot. Also becuase we are so poor, our tree is about as bare as Tom is when he is in his hot tub! Beautiful!
I spent Wednesday morning putting up the last of our pathetic attempt at seasonal decorations. I cant wait until I have a job and start making money to be able to buy things to clutter up my house for the holiday season. A little to Martha Stewart I know, but that's the way it is! Have a Merry Christmas!

Ritchies

4 comments:

Angie said...

i think your tree looks adorable. good job!

mumovearls said...

HMMM "Bare as Tom in the HOT TUB" NOW thats "BARE" (that's why the neighbors put up the fence) Sorry dad!

I think you did a great job on the tree! Next time you buy a tree you need to look at the ones that are 3 pieces! It's as easy as 1-2-3! Then you won't be so biter about the holiday's:)!

Tom Earl said...

I rock!!!!!!! And my tub likes me best naked!

Mandi said...

Hey! sorry I have been such a slacker. My list of blogs got deleted and I just now realized that I neglected to find yours and re-add it. Anyway, you're back on now which means you will be having regular visits from me once again. We miss you guys!