Monday, January 19, 2009

Today

This morning the girls woke up so excited for Martin Luther King's birthday. They decided that they were going to have a party. Megan went over to the neighbors to play for a little while and make plans for there wonderous party. Soon she came home crying looking like this...

She was doing her hair and it had gotten stuck. No matter how she pulled it, it was not comming out.

After about 15 minutes of pulling and yanking Scott finally was able to get it out. I don't think it was quite the look she was going for...

To add insult to injury Scott and I couldn't help giggling and taking pictures. She was just so cute...

Hopefully someday she will find the humor in it all :)

The kids planned all day in their room for their "party". Including the rules of the party which they posted on the door of the room and anyone who wanted to come to the party had to recite them.

Here is a picture of Hazel and Gisel reciting the party rules...

They danced and ate...

and had a wonderful day.

And of course I have to add a picture of Jace. Today he wore the cutest socks. Scott calls them "gay" but I think they are so sweet.

Sweet right?
I was trying to get a cute shot of Scott holding Jace. I told Scott to smile and this is what he did

This is his "I am so excited you are taking my picture" face. He is kind of a punk.

8 comments:

D and H fam said...

I totally loved Myles in his sister's shoes. Mason did the same thing for a while, always in Charly's shoes - it seems as if he has grown out of that phase - so there is hope!! He's totally into guns, fighting and balls (football, soccer, etc.) Also, love the girls cutting their own hair. Charly and her little friend (who is a boy) did that to each other too. I was scared to death to go tell his mom, she handled it quite well and was more upset about her son cutting Charly's hair. Oh, kids, what ya gonna do? Cute little family you guys have.

mumovearls said...

Myles socks are adorable! but that picture makes him look really grown up! Thanks so much for all your help last week! you are a keeper Jen! We love you!-n

Gentry Family said...

What's "fing"??

Gentry Family said...

ps. LOVE the socks :)

Ritchies said...

I thought the same thing...fing...what is that!? at first I thought they were saying
f-ing so I had Courtney clarify. Its supposed to say fighting. Makes sense. However you want to see it ")

Gentry Family said...

Ohhhh!! fighting... makes perfect sense :)

Carter Family said...

Your kids get into the funniest situations. I just read the mullet blog and laughed my head off. Megan was funny too. Fortunately my kids have not cut their own hair or gotten brushes stuck in them. The only thing was cutting a Barbie dolls hair. So funny.

Mills-ville, Iowa said...

Yo! Scott glad to see you enjoying your family. Now get back to work!