Saturday, July 12, 2008

Funny Kids

So today Courtney and Megan were invited to a birthday party for a school friend. I told them that they would not be able to go until they got thier bedroom cleaned up. Well around 11:00 today they decided to start cleaning. It didnt take long before Courtney can crying out of her room with an armful of toys. I inquired what the problem was, "Megan swapped me with a hanger on the back!" was the simple reply. I asked Megan to come out (so she could giver her pathetic defense), Courtney rehearsed to me all about how Megan wasn't helping to clean, how she was just sitting down on the chair playing with hangers. "Nuh-Uh, You're a liar!" was Megans simple defense. Okay Megan, what did happen? "Well, I was cleaning," Courtney - "Nuh-Uh, you were playing." Megan - "I was playing and cleaning. I was sitting down on the chair with a hanger in this hand and a hanger in this hand (making two hooks) pretending to be a pirate who was looking for "hidden" hangers!" Oh the imagination of this child! I think it is so funny how she is able to twist and manipulate situations to appear like she was doign what she was supposed to. "I was cleaning and playing!" So clever!

Later in the day Courtney, Hazel, and I were all sitting down playing the Playstation. I cut it off so we could make dinner; this did not make Courtney very happy at all. She threw a fit, whining and complaining about everything. Sunlight shown through a crack in the blinds illuminating dust particles in the air! Out of sheer anger Courtney decided to hit and blow these particles to which Hazel had to intervine; cupping the particles into her hands, she scolds "Courtney don't! Those are fairies!" Another one who is way to imagineative! In both situations I had to laugh and so did they, which helped to difuse any further anger and arguments. I love my kids!

0 comments: