Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Frankenstein Never Scared Me...!


I am not sure if any of you listen to Bob and Tom, but there is a comedian (Kevin Pollac) who does a fantastic impression of Christopher Walken. Before doing this impression he makes the comment that "none of his (Christopher Walken's) thoughts are connected." I bring this up only to tell a fun little story about Megan.

Yesterday we were on our way to go to Jeremie's; On the way up Megan would not stop asking questions or telling me things I "didn't know." The conversation went something like this.

"Dad, did you know that some kids are orphans?"

"Yes."

"Who makes the lines on the road?"

"There is a big paint truck that has large sprayers on it to make the lines on the road."

"When kids are orphans they don't have parents, huh dad."

"That's right Meggie."

"Are we going to sleep at uncle Jeremie's?"

"Yes Megan."

"Where's mom?"

"She's at Grandma's doing hair."

"When does school start?"

"After My birthday."

"Can you be an orphan when your old?"

"I don't know meg, maybe" (Any help with answering this question would be appreciated. By older I interrupted late teens and older.)

"Kimberly said the f-word."

"What did you tell her?"

"To not say that. Where are we going?"

"To Uncle Jeremie's to baby sit."

"What's the big paint truck look like?"

"Well it's big truck with sprayers on the sides."

"Like those?" (pointing to a tractor)

"No. I'll show you if I see one."

"That motorcycle man just crashed. I think."

"What motorcycle man?"

"Did you know that in China the middle finger is really the little finger (pinkie). I learned that in Kindergarten. Hazel Kindergarten is easy."

"Dad, will hazel go to Mrs. Moore for kindergarten?"

"I don't know, we'll have to wait and see."

The conversation continued like this the entire trip with hazel butting in here and there with her little random bits of information and questions. Not a single thought seemed to be linear. I had to laugh while trying to talk to her because I couldn't keep up. Meg, I love you.

0 comments: