Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Afternoon Magic Show

Well it's another Sunday afternoon; I am doing homework, Jenn, Courtney, Megan, Hazel, and Myles are having "quiet time." I am sitting here trying to write up a stupid pile of lesson plans and all I hear is "NO DAVID!" "PUT YOUR PANTS ON DAVID!" "EAT YOUR FOOD DAVID!" "NO DAVID!" being screamed from Hazel's room. I go back there and she is "reading" a story called No David. Any of you who have read this book or seen it will have to agree, it's funny. I had to laugh. Well after several 10 minute warnings to be quiet, I finally tell the kids quiet time is over, now it's nap time! Court, and Meg go right to sleep, while Hazel however, decides that nap time does not apply to her. She must not think it's not in her best interest to follow directions or something. So after about 30 minutes of, what I beleived was "nap time," Hazel the magnificant comes out and proceedes to perform several magic card finding tricks for me. Here's the basic's on how it would go.

Hazel holding the cards face up - "Pick a card dad!"
I do
Hazel - still holding the cards face up - "Put it back never(I did mean to write never, I think she will need speech!) you want to!"
I do
Hazel - Straightening the deck - "Let me get my magic sticky dust!" She does and sprinkles it on the cards. She proceeds to go right to where she saw me put my face up card and "WOW" me with her magical ability as she says "Is this your card?"
Her subtlity is sure to please crowds around the nation in the future!

Courtney and Megan had thier primary program today. I was very pleased with how they did. It is funny how a little something like sitting up in front of a large room of about 200-300 people will help a kid behave. Megan needed a little help to control her, thanks to 8 years of WWF watching when I was younger, the sleeper hold came in handy, is that wrong of me? Actually all she needed was a subtle life threatening! Once she was sitting in her little cage of a seat up in the choir section, she behaved very well. Courtney was very well behaved the entire time. She sang and participated at her best. It was fun to see. Meanwhile Hazel was a terror, she needed a not so subtle butt reminder out in the foyer. Jenn felt in good company since there was another mother out threatening to break her sons arms! we are fine and I am on the down hill slope of Student teaching. All our love.

0 comments: