Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oprah!?


Yesterday morning I went to Tri-cities after I dropped the kids of at school. I Shopped all day with my friend Kristen, then rushed home to pick up the kids at 2:50. When I got home I started cleaning up and doing all the things that I normally get done in the morning. The kids were outside playing and Myles was asleep. So I decided to turn on the T.V. so there would be some kind of noise. I continued cleaning when I herd Oprah say "If you knew that you were going to die what would you say?" (not exact but similar) anyhoo....I found myself watching intently. This man that was speaking was a Professer, husband, and father of three small children, and had found out that he had only a couple of months to live. He had pancreatic cancer and there was nothing more they could do. He gave a final lecture to his class that talked about what he had learned in life but was actually letting his kids know what he wanted to teach them if he were going to be alive. I soon found myself sobbing, I felt so blessed to have the knowlege of the gospel. To have a family that I will live forever with, and that I WANT to live forever with. I thought about what my parents had taught me in my youth, and how throughout life I turned back to those teachings. I can only hope that I can instill in my kids the same pricipals. Does anyone else wonder about these things? I started thinking about Scott and how grateful I am for him. I am so blessed to have a husband who lives and practices what he belives. I am grateful to Scotts mom who taught him when he was young. I often think of her. I know that she is proud of him. I am excited someday to meet her face to face. Scotts best friend and his family also had a huge part in how he turned out. I am eternally grateful. Anyways...enough "gratefuls". Who'd have thought...Oprah? Looking back and reading this I feel like I need to end in Amen. Anyhoo, I was just happy for the break in everyday thinking.
Jenn

0 comments: